Thursday 21 February 2013

Last Day Of Being 36

This mug is me.
I love Bourbons. I love tea. It was an early birthday present from Lucy, along with some pretty socks and chocolate.


What I don't love is I have run out of heating oil.
And it's Friday tomorrow, so chances are it will be Tuesday at least before any arrives.
Until then I will be filling the bath with kettles. I have a couple of electric fires so the lack of heat doesn't bother me, it's the lack of hot water I hate. No one wants to come home from a long run to scrub themselves down with a saucepan of tepid water.

I went swimming today, after finishing up the spring cleaning and sewing orders, so I was tired before I got in, there, and it was very busy. I did half a mile continuously, and then 5x50m of breathing every 5 strokes, and only having around 20 secs recovery between each 50m.

I then went to the tip, did a load of recycling and went to the supermarket and came home ready to run, but after a mile I felt cold and weird and my legs were sore from yesterday. So, I came home for a hot bath.
Which I had.
Then I noticed the radiator was cold when I came out....poo.

I have a new year feeling, and am glad I am up to date with my work and the house is clean all in time for my birthday.
Tomorrow I will go for a really long bike ride, and as much as it would be more interesting to map out a long route going somewhere interesting, I'm a bit nervous about straying too far from home in case anything breaks, so will do a decent size loop a couple of times, so if something happens, the farthest I'll need to walk in bike shoes is 10 miles or so. Let's just hope that doesn't happen!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Lucy! You're going to freakin' awesome in your 37th year.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete