Wednesday 27 February 2013

Double Sporting!

I have double sported on double days.
Yesterday, after the parcel arrival, I went for a little 3 mile run and 9 mile bike on my sore legs. The bike was a little faster than usual, being shorter, so that was nice.

Today I did my long run, then after a brief oily shower (heating oil is leaking into the hot water, plumber will eventually sort it, until then, I come out smelling like kerosene) went straight to the pool for half a mile of basic swimming, and then some drills.

My legs felt way better coming out than they did going in, which is good as I have to survive parent's evening tonight. The appointment system is rubbish, as they only have about 20 appointments each, and a vast amount of pupils. I will get to meet four teachers, art, geography, technical drawing and business studies.
Big whoop.

Anyhoo, the best thing was, as I am doing a duathlon this weekend and so my long run had to be done earlier, I decided to make it shorter this week, and so did 10 miles at a pace of 10.22.
I am happy about this, as although it was only a small elevation (300-odd foot) I remember quite recently being happy at having that as a 10k pace, so for 10 miles, yes please. It makes me think there will be a time quite soon when I can bash out ten miles in nice round 10 min miles, and then start eating into the 9s.

I think it helped I was sore to start with. I started quite slow and still, and so only lost 22 secs over the rest of the run. And now to get changed and go to parent's evening. Gah.

2 comments:

  1. Progression is a subtle thing at times, and compare you now to you this time last year.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, it seems to come in fits and starts with me. Nothing for a while then bang! :D

      Delete