Thursday 4 April 2013

Green Smoothies

I have started doing this

They send me a green smoothie recipe every day, and a shopping list at the beginning of the week.
I am changing things slightly, but have been trying some of their suggestions, like using coconut water as a base (never again, not enough flavour to mask the evil taste of the parsely and spinach!)

The idea is I will have a green smoothie every day for a month. I have a lot, anyway, bit it's nice to get some new recipes.

I have also had my day off approved, and entered Knockburn Standard triathlon. It's two weeks before Aberfeldy, so will be good open water experience. Mucho excitement!!!

I have to work on my swimming. There is a 50 min cut off for the swim. If it were tomorrow, I could do it in about 45 mins, so I told them 40.

The other thing is I'm in a Facebook group that anyone can join, which is all about running motivation. The 'Gold' level is about running a minimum of 5k EVERY SINGLE DAY OF YOUR LIFE which is doable for most runners. People are supposed to do half an hour exercise a day anyway, but with biking and swimming, I can't do that, so I have signed up to the silver level, and commited to a minimum of 35k a week, which should keep me right. The bronze challenge means doing just one 5k a week minimum. Everyone's welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Lucy you are amazing girl! and drinking green gloop, well that's serious hardcore! x

    ReplyDelete