Monday 14 January 2013

Mucho Dancing And Swimming

My marathon place is now confirmed (mucho dancing)

I woke up early and wanted to go for a run, even though it's a swimming day. I had to restrain myself. My legs are a bit sore from yesterday's biking, and I ran the day before, so tomorrow and the next day are running days.
Calm yourself, Lucy.
It's a marathon, not a sprint. Literally. Although, it was a nice morning.








Which then became a crappy day as after bit and pieces or rain and snow, it started to lay.





I have miles to do tomorrow, there is no way I will miss out. At least I have my grippy things for my shoes.

I'm chuffed that I've managed to stick to the 15 minutes of yoga everyday, and will do a strength routine twice a week. And swimming today was very successful. I intended to do a slow mile, as I wanted it to be continuous above all else. I looked at the clock on the wall before I started, and didn't think about my speed at all. After 32 lengths I glanced up again and it was 28 minutes. I was quite chuffed with this, and so started to speed up a bit, as I wasn't feeling very tired. The next 32 was done in 25 minutes.
I hate for an article in the Daily Mail to be the thing that steered me in the right direction (Grrrr) but having my fingers slightly open made the catch quicker and easier, so I swam faster and didn't feel very tired by it at all.

I was only going by the clock on the wall, which wasn't really exact, so next time I will wear a watch and see where I really am and start getting the time down. By the end of the year I don't just want a 40 min mile, I want to be able to do 2 miles in 1 hour 20 minutes, so I'd better get a move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment