Thursday 23 May 2013

Fast!

Oof!!

So, it was cold and wet and windy, and as I'm pretending I don't have a cold coming, I decided to do a run tomorrow instead, as that would be only one day away, and I don't like the idea of not running for two days in a row just before a race.

I thought I'd do some turbo-ing with a cycling video on. Taff sent me a couple, and the one I did today was from Germany. It really nice, going through the villages, looking at pretty window boxes, then I realised my legs were about to fall off as not only had I whacked up the resistance, but I was trying to copy the cadence of the cyclist in front of me in the video. And he was going some. And I began to think if I didn't pedal fast, they'd leave me behind.

According to my Garmin I was doing 21 mph. Although even with the resistance on it's not like outdoors, and there are no hills/wind. 18mph was the fastest I had managed before indoors. I decided to get off after half an hour, and then my legs were like jelly.
Totally going to go for a longer session next week, when there is no risk of injury or exhaustion ruining things.

This is the type of thing, although this one has no other cyclists in front.



2 comments: